Students now have a set of powerful email, web and collaboration tools that can help students work faster and gain skills for the workplace. Microsoft Office 365 has the favorite Office features online and allows for the creation of sophisticated reports and presentations, collaborate in real-time with classmates and share and edit documents from phones, PCs or Macs.
We expect accounts to be upgraded by December 28th.
What does this mean for students?
This account gives access to school email. Use the same user name and create a new password the first time they connect. Sullivan University, Spencerian College and SCTD IT Helpdesks administers this account.
What should you expect?
1. Email. We’ll continue to use Microsoft Outlook Web App or Microsoft Outlook to view and send email, but you will sign in at a different website.
2. SharePoint. We’ll use SharePoint Online for online collaboration of files. We’ll also use Office Web Apps for creating and reading documents.
3. Instant messaging and online meetings. We’ll use Lync Online for both instant messaging and online meetings. You can also use Lync to chat with faculty.
What do students need to do?
Student need to complete the following steps:
1. If you’re using Internet Explorer 6, upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer.
2. If you use Microsoft Outlook to read your email and are using Microsoft Office 2003, you’ll need to update to Office Outlook 2007 or Outlook 2010 to continue using Outlook.
3. After the upgrade:
2. Change your email password in any email apps (including Outlook) you use on your computer, tablet or mobile phone to match your new Office 365 password.
3. Sign in to SkyDrive using your existing Live@edu username and password.
4. Bookmark these addresses:
MORE INFORMATION AND SUPPORT
If you have questions or need help, contact techsupport.sullivan.edu.